Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Weekend in the Country

This weekend I went to Cat’s house. She’s a chef and beautiful person . . . a praying kind of girlie. And she came from a big family, so there are always laughs around her; especially, when her family is around. I love her family.

Cat lives in a small country town. In her town, they only have one policeman, and he gives tickets!!! Don’t play with the country policeman. Anyway, usually when I go to her house, I sit outside on their patio and read books and just enjoy the scenery. This time, I forgot to take my allergy medicine, so being outside in the country was a big NO-NO. And, it is too darn hot!

Here are some pictures of the area:


One the coolest things small town economics. There is only one movie theater with 3 screens. Guess what, we saw the Fantastic Four for only $3. THREE DOLLARS!!! And I bought nachos to snack on for $2.00. I LOVE SMALL TOWNS!

So as we were driving around her town, I noticed something that was strange to me. However, it is normal in this town. Sitting on the porch enjoying the scenery & chatting with neighbors is big in the South—it’s apart of the slower pace of life. (no, that’s not the strange part). What so strange then?  The chairs that these small towners put on their porches are old recliners. Not patio furniture or folding chairs. They are RECLINERS, loungers, living room furniture! We passed many families that had recliners on their porch. Of course, I had to take a picture to share on my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be any town in America. It is so funny that almost all small towns look alike. The recliners are a little different I must admit.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very charming and comfy place to live. Woud you miss city life?

Teacha said...

I would never consider moving to a small town unless i was close to retirement. I need the hustle and bustle of city life. City life is much slower in the south anyway. I don't ever think I could make it in NYC. Southern city life is a pace that suits me just fine!

Anonymous said...

I have lived in a small town (less than 3,000 people), and if there hadn't been a city nearby, i don't think I could have made it. I can't imagine living in one of those towns that has only 400 people. Just not for me. But on the other hand, I don't think I would like to live somewhere with more than 300,000, either.

But the pictures were beautiful, and small towns are so important to our culture. Glad you get to experience one on occasion!